The film guru?

The film guru?

Monday 19 April 2010

Busy Bee - ultra quick roundup of latest releases


I'm pretty busy at the moment, so can't do as many reviews as I would like. So in true Hollywood fashion here is a sneak preview of my ratings for other films I've seen, reviews will follow and I'll remove this spoiler!





Remember me


Twi-hard fans won't find a lot to like here. I actually did. However, its unrelenting moody tone, slow pacing and rather unneeded 'shock' ending cheapened the whole thing.
**1/2

The Ghost


Polanski’s latest is awful. Don’t believe the critics applauds, it’s needlessly slow, poorly acted with some very creaky dialogue and an awful soundtrack.
*

Cemetery Junction

This may lose a star on a second viewing as I saw it after viewing the ghost, so anything was going to be great compared to it. It may completely clone the Dawn-Tim love triangle from the office, but Gervais's and Merchant’s film debut is funny, moving and sweet.
****

Whip It

Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut is shamelessly in your face, with a brash punk soundtrack, girly food fights, actual girl fights and a lot of roller skating. She can’t quite make the roller derby matches exciting enough, but it has enough comedy and heart to make up for it.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment